Registry favorites not carried over from v.4 to v.5

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
Ben

Registry favorites not carried over from v.4 to v.5

Post by Ben »

Well, I finally got out our laptops from storage and updated them and found out about RO v.5. I do have to ask: is there a way to transport my many registry favorites (in Registry editing mode) from v.4 to v.5? I also see that v.5 does not allow commenting on specific keys, will this be changed in the future?
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: Registry favorites not carried over from v.4 to v.5

Post by Chemtable Software »

Sorry, there is no ability to automatically transfer the Favorites items from version 4 to version 5. But you may do this manually. Favorites of version 4 are stored in the file named regfav.dat which is located in the below folder:

%Appdata%\ChemTable Software\Reg Organizer

(You may use paste this string just to the Windows Explorer's address field)

This is a plain-text file, so you may open in using Notepad or any text editor and manually copy the Favorites key from there.

Regarding the ability to add comments for the keys in version 5 - such feature do exists. Switch to Registry Editor and use the "edit comment" link on the status bar at the bottom of the program's window to set comment for the key.

Version 5.10 has extended support for registry comments: it displays comments in Favorites instead of simple key names (if the comment is set for the specific key).