How To Clean Up Backup Files

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
RegGuy

How To Clean Up Backup Files

Post by RegGuy »

Windows XP SP3

I notice that Reg Organizer saves a lot of backup files in:

c:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\ChemTable Software\Reg Organizer\BackupHives\

And also snapshots in:

c:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\ChemTable Software\Reg Organizer\SnapShots\

When I remove backups through the program with Commands/Backups/Remove Checked Backups, it doesn't seem to remove these items. I don't see any other way to clean up old or unneeded backups.

These backups are taking up a lot of disk space. How can I safely remove them?

Thank you.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: How To Clean Up Backup Files

Post by Chemtable Software »

The files from these folders are not displayed in the Main menu -> Commands -> Backups... window. The BackupHives folder contains the registry backups created by the Registry Optimization tool of Reg Organizer. All files from it be safely removed using Windows Explorer.

The Snapshots folder contain files related to the Registry Snapshots tool (they can be removed using it) and temporary Application Uninstaller tool files which have "aiwiz_*.snapshot" name. If they left in this folder for some reason, they can be safely removed.