What a waste!

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
foomonger

What a waste!

Post by foomonger »

What a great little registry editor inside here! But...

You cannot launch it directly (without using a crazy scheduled task), so you cannot plug it into your text editor or IDE, and cannot send it registry paths (to open/go to a particular key).

So, basically useless for any serious work.
What a waste!

-fm
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: What a waste!

Post by Chemtable Software »

If you open the corresponding scheduler's task you may discover that Reg Organizer's registry editor can be directly launched using the command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Reg Organizer\RegOrganizer.exe" -RegistryEditor -ForceForeground -NoSplash

(Let's assume that Reg Organizer is located by the above path in your system).

Passing the registry path via the command line is impossible in the current version. But we could add this if there is a demand for it from the users.
foomonger

Post by foomonger »

I already copied the command out of the scheduled task. That is how I know it was a scheduled task.

Now try plugging that into your IDE, even a taskbar shortcut, call it a few times, and see what a total disaster it is!

Just saying, one of the best registry editors out there, which in it's current state is basically unusable. It's a real shame.

-fm
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

foomonger wrote:I already copied the command out of the scheduled task. That is how I know it was a scheduled task.

Now try plugging that into your IDE, even a taskbar shortcut, call it a few times, and see what a total disaster it is!

-fm
Why? Is it operates too slow or something else?
foomonger

Post by foomonger »

Something else. Specifically, it will launch multiple instances of the process, none visible, which will sit around memory doing nothing. And it still doesn't accept paths!

Also, it won't come to the front without the special -ForceForeground switch, and when pin this big command to your taskbar, activating it causes the mouse to leap up and click the icon /next/ to it. Every time.

Either way, no use.

-fm
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

foomonger wrote:Something else. Specifically, it will launch multiple instances of the process, none visible, which will sit around memory doing nothing. And it still doesn't accept paths!
It is clear. We'll think about adding the support of passing the registry paths via the command line.
foomonger wrote: Also, it won't come to the front without the special -ForceForeground switch, and when pin this big command to your taskbar, activating it causes the mouse to leap up and click the icon /next/ to it. Every time.

Either way, no use.
-fm
Why not to create a shortcut?
foomonger

Post by foomonger »

A Taskbar pinned item is a shortcut, isn't it? The Taskbar is where I keep shortcuts to my most used apps, anyway.

-fm
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Then sorry, I haven't understood your problem with pinning the Reg Organizer's shortcut (with all appropriate command line arguments) to the Taskbar.
foomonger

Post by foomonger »

I don't think I can be clearer.

-fm
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

If you'll be ready to explain the difficulty you're experiencing with the program, feel free to contact me. We're always open for the program improvement ideas.