Adding New Information to Elements
After you have added a data category to PL Table it is necessary to supply the different values in that category to each chemical element.
To add a value to a custom data record for a specific chemical element:
- Open the Custom Data Types window by selecting the Custom Element
Data item in the Commands menu.
- Select the type of data to add in the left area of the window under the
Available custom data types caption.
- In the right-side area, labelled (“Selected data type”), click the Add button on the Element Data tab.
- You’ll see the Data Entry window where you can select the Element
to which you want to add a value. Type the value in the Data field.
The first item of the Element drop-down list is All elements.
If you select this item instead of specific element then the value you enter to
the Data field will be given to every element. Alternatively, checkmarking the Give this value to all elements setting will cause the same effect.
- Click the Add button to finish adding the data record or Cancel to cancel
To alter the value of an existing custom data record of an element:
- Open the Custom Data Types window.
- Select the Element Data tab and choose the data record
you want to alter in the Selected data type area.
- Click the Change button.
- Type the new value in the Data Entry window.
- Click the Add button to finish the operation of altering the data record or Cancel to cancel the operation.
The custom data records can be viewed in the periodic table along with the built-in
element data types. They can be used also for drawing diagrams.