The Chemical Equations Balancer
This mode lets you balance any chemical equation. Simply enter the equation you’d
like to balance, press the Balance button and the program will automatically
calculate all stoichiometric coefficients in the reaction equation.
To switch to the Chemical Equations Balancer mode:
- Click the Chemical Equations Balancer button on the toolbar at the top of the program's main window.
To balance a chemical equation, simply enter the chemical equation in the text field at the
top of the Enter Reaction tab and click Balance. The result will appear
in the Balancing tab (which the program will automatically switch to) as well
as in the text field replacing the unbalanced equation.
- Select Chemical Equations Balancer in the Mode menu.
Example: Say, we need to balance the following equation.
- Switch to the Chemical Equations Balancer (see above).
- Enter our equation into the text field under the Balance and Clear buttons.
- Click the Balance button.
- The program will switch to the Balancing tab and show the result—a
balanced equation—in the Reaction box as follows:
Tip: To enter a chemical equation you may use a keyboard or the periodic table. Left click on an element to add its lettering to the reaction equation. The tool bar with numeric buttons and some additional buttons (+ and =) can also be used when typing in an equation.