Windows 10 build 14901 breaks disk cleanup

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
GregL

Windows 10 build 14901 breaks disk cleanup

Post by GregL »

Downloaded and installed Windows 10 Build 14901 earlier today. Build 14901 breaks Reg Organizer's Disk Cleanup function due to changes Microsoft made to the Windows 10 core. Just want to alert ChemTable that Reg Organizer may need tweaking to work with this and future versions of Windows.

Thanks for all your work on ChemTable's excellent utilities!
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: Windows 10 build 14901 breaks disk cleanup

Post by Chemtable Software »

This build is only available via the Insider Preview program, but we'll check the program under it. Thanks.
GregL

Post by GregL »

Thanks for the quick reply, Konstantin. Reg Organizer is an outstanding utility. Thank you for your work on it.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Just tried Disk Cleanup under Windows 10 Builder 14905 and haven't noticed any problems.
GregL

Post by GregL »

The problem was caused by Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware, version 0.9.16.484, which erroneously quarantined Reg Organizer's HelperFor64bits.exe as possible malware. I white-listed HelperFor64bits.exe in Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware, and now Reg Organizer works perfectly again.

Anti-Ransomware upgraded itself on August 13th, right after installing Windows build 14901. I mistakenly thought there was a bug in Reg Organizer — the problem was actually the false positive in Anti-Ransomware.

I apologize for the mistake. Thank you again for your assistance!
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Thank you for updating us on this issue. Earlier we've already received the message about conflicts of our programs with the antivirus software you mentioned.