Issues with Reg Organizer 5.30

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: Issues with Reg Organizer 5.30

Post by Chemtable Software »

Hello,

Thank you for your circumstantial feedback, I'm appreciate it very much!
grude wrote: 1. When Installing a program with tracing, the program offers you to give it a name, that is unique to that particular installation, but doesn’t use it. Nowhere can that name be found in the tracing log list; thus there is no single complete record of that installation. Instead, there is an individual entry for each of the newly installed component packages (in one case, 18 of them). There is no way in a week from now we can remember which component belongs to which installation. At uninstallation time, there is no sure way of telling which components are to be removed.
We plan to add the ability to see which applications are connected with each other via the common change log. The related items will be grouped directly in the application list (by the option).
grude wrote: 2. If an application is uninstalled using the windows Programs and Features functions, the trace log(s) is/are accordingly GONE from the Reg Organizer Installation logs. So is the ability for Reg Organizer to go back in and finish the job. That was the whole point of doing the trace in the first place.
We'll care about this problem too. If some application was removed not from Reg Organizer, its change log should not be removed immediately. It should instead be kept for some time and be easy accessible within Reg Organizer.
grude wrote: 3. If a installation log is right clicked, one of the options presented is to Uninstall, but it invoked the windows uninstall function using the applications own uninstall feature, and in this particular case, there was an error in the uninstallation routine and it didn't complete. Where is the option to uninstall (brute force method) using the trace logs? I now have a partial and corrupt installation.
And again I agree with you. I've added this feature to the plans.
grude wrote: 4. There is also an option to “Remove from List”, but it has a warning that you should do this only if the program cannot be correctly uninstalled. What does remove from list actually do? I would think that it simply deletes the installation logs, but in view of the warning, I'm not sure. Does it force uninstallation of the program using the trace logs? If if simply deletes the trace logs, there is no mechanism to complete the uninstallation.
It just removes the uninstall registry key of the application. This command should be replaced by the forced removal ability in the next versions.
grude wrote: To me, theses issues take what was a very unique and powerful tool and dumb it down to complete uselessness. I have to agree with dforionstar. This has been an outstanding and fabulous application over the years, but as it is being rewritten to appeal to more of the masses, it's real power is being stripped from it, and its just turning into another Glary Utilities thing.

And just another note while I'm at it. This one is not specific to the later versions, but has annoyed me for a long time. I would like the option to specify where the tracing logs are stored. I know everyone does this, but they most certainly should NOT be under a users account on drive C.
We'll consider this suggestion.