Reg Organizer 6.26 Registry Cleanup Not Working Correctly

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
Peppino

Reg Organizer 6.26 Registry Cleanup Not Working Correctly

Post by Peppino »

I ran the Registry Cleanup. It stated I had 512 problems. Then I selected "Show invalid entries for advanced users". I wanted to correct only 18 of the problems and leave the rest untouched. I checked the 18 items and unchecked all the rest of the items and clicked the "OK button. Then I clicked the "Fix" button. It stated "18 registry problems have been corrected". I clicked "show problems which have been corrected" and it displayed the 18 problems I selected. Then I clicked the "Finish" button.

However, when I ran Reg Organizer again, it stated "no problems were found in your registry". In other words, it cleaned all 512 problems instead of only the 18 that I wanted.

I want to use Reg Organizer to clean only what I select, not everything.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: Reg Organizer 6.26 Registry Cleanup Not Working Correctl

Post by Chemtable Software »

The entries you left unchecked have not been affected, they are left in your registry. Starting from version 6.25, when unchecking the entries in the "Show invalid entries (for advanced users)" window, they are not only ignored during the upcoming registry cleanup, but also added to the ignore list. So if you run the registry scanning again, these entries will not be located.

If you want to view the entries in the ignore list or edit the latter, do the following:

- Select Main Menu -> Commands... -> Settings.
- In the appeared window select Registry Cleanup\Ignore List node in the left-handed tree-like control.

You'll see the list of the ignore list entries.
toremf

Reg Org 6.31 slows doen to almost a standstill

Post by toremf »

My RegOrg has slowed down to a crawl. All functions. Reg cleanup that took minutes takes close to an hour.
How to fix it? Uninstall and reinstall?
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: Reg Organizer 6.26 Registry Cleanup Not Working Correctl

Post by Chemtable Software »

Not sure that reinstall will help, rather the reboot, as more likely the problem is caused by some other software installed in your system. If the reboot does not help, you need to check the software recently installed or updated.