[French translation] Reg Organizer 7.0 not on the right way

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
malaverde
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:50 am

Re: [French translation] Reg Organizer 7.0 not on the right

Post by malaverde » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:03 am

Konstantin Polyakov wrote:Regarding your question about accessing the server even if updates check is disabled. Yes, if check for updates is disabled, the dialog is not shown to the user in case if the newer version is available, but internally the program downloads the file with the latest version information. Do you think this should not be done?


No this should not be done in this way in my opinion. Considering this soft is in charge of the registry (which is very sensitive), you should give the choice to users to do what they prefer. Auto updates unchecked = no connection.

User avatar
Chemtable Software
Developers Team
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: [French translation] Reg Organizer 7.0 not on the right

Post by Chemtable Software » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:07 am

Well, there is a corrected French translation by the author of the original version.

I've also added to it the fix of this problem by correcting as malaverde advised:

Vous pouvez optimiser %d programme => %d programme a verifier
Vous pouvez optimiser %d programmes => %d programmes a verifier

The latest file is attached.

Any comments are appreciated.
Attachments
French.zip
(45.66 KiB) Downloaded 932 times

User avatar
Chemtable Software
Developers Team
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: [French translation] Reg Organizer 7.0 not on the right

Post by Chemtable Software » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:24 am

malaverde wrote:
Konstantin Polyakov wrote:Regarding your question about accessing the server even if updates check is disabled. Yes, if check for updates is disabled, the dialog is not shown to the user in case if the newer version is available, but internally the program downloads the file with the latest version information. Do you think this should not be done?


No this should not be done in this way in my opinion. Considering this soft is in charge of the registry (which is very sensitive), you should give the choice to users to do what they prefer. Auto updates unchecked = no connection.


This means that we need to think about adding a some silent mode regarding the Internet access to the program. Because
the program may download some data during its work which is necessary for its functionality.

Currently a firewall can be used if you want to prevent Reg Organizer to access the server.

malaverde
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:50 am

Re: [French translation] Reg Organizer 7.0 not on the right

Post by malaverde » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:39 am

You should re-download my last translation because the both you have posted with Yvan has not been updated since i have made other corrections, principally concerning the look and the typo but not only. But you make as you want.

Konstantin Polyakov wrote:Because the program may download some data during its work which is necessary for its functionality.

So you have my answer for the free licence. I do not need it, thank you.

User avatar
Chemtable Software
Developers Team
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: [French translation] Reg Organizer 7.0 not on the right

Post by Chemtable Software » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:29 am

malaverde wrote:You should re-download my last translation because the both you have posted with Yvan has not been updated since i have made other corrections, principally concerning the look and the typo but not only. But you make as you want.


In the file from the message viewtopic.php?f=4&t=661#p1422 have you included the changes from the latest Yvan's file from viewtopic.php?f=4&t=662#p1431?

malaverde wrote:
Konstantin Polyakov wrote:Because the program may download some data during its work which is necessary for its functionality.

So you have my answer for the free licence. I do not need it, thank you.


It's a great pity. Just interesting: If we'd provided the ability to enable the Internet-silence in Reg Organizer mode by changing the registry value (or importing the reg-file), would you be satisfied? Because this setting looks too special to add it to the program's interface.

malaverde
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:50 am

Re: [French translation] Reg Organizer 7.0 not on the right

Post by malaverde » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:58 am

Not sure about what changes you talk...

To avoid pity and connection problems just return like the v6.30 is please. Otherwise i was glad to know you.

User avatar
Chemtable Software
Developers Team
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: [French translation] Reg Organizer 7.0 not on the right

Post by Chemtable Software » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:20 pm

I merged your changes to the translation file with the latest Yvan's file. Just in case the final version is attached.

The only one thing I found which needs to be corrected is the below sentence:

Accélérer le système par l'optimisation et la désactivation des fonctions rarement utilisé

It needs to be shorten: https://yadi.sk/i/Mwj92W0eewVEK

malaverde wrote:To avoid pity and connection problems just return like the v6.30 is please. Otherwise i was glad to know you.


Well, we'll consider adding the full Internet-silence option to the program. Anyway, the firewall is always an option.
Attachments
French.zip
(45.54 KiB) Downloaded 1388 times

malaverde
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:50 am

Re: [French translation] Reg Organizer 7.0 not on the right

Post by malaverde » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:58 pm

To be clear, as i can not know why you absolutely want your soft have access to internet, (absolutely no explicit indication of this anywhere), as i absolutely do not believe what you said about collecting some data for its functionality, i have definitively classified it as spyware. And finally if you think a silent mode could be the solution... for me its worse you are wrong. Goodbye and have a nice Sunday.

User avatar
Chemtable Software
Developers Team
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: [French translation] Reg Organizer 7.0 not on the right

Post by Chemtable Software » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:14 am

Thank you for your opinion.

Of course, if you don't trust the program, the better way is to refuse using it and not only disable the Internet access. On the other hand, to be more precisely in determining whether the program is a spyware (especially if a program is more that 10 years on the market), it is better to refer to the antivirus software experience.

We always pay great attention to user's privacy. Any data cannot be sent from the user's system without the explicit permission. Therefore, the function of displaying the startup records rating is disabled by default and is only enabled if the user has agreed to turn it on (at that, no personal data is sent).

As regards to downloading data from the server, the program may currently do this without requesting the authorization. This helps to keep the databases/ignore lists etc up-to-date.

malaverde
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:50 am

Re: [French translation] Reg Organizer 7.0 not on the right

Post by malaverde » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:28 am

Funny but not valid references:

- Antivirus software can't do nothing against this kind of hidden connexion searching to collect data (or something else). Proof you advise a firewall instead.
- I prefer not to enumerate in ten years the number of software formerly installed on my computers which have followed the same wrong way. This new internet is terrible.

About your "privacy policy", sorry but nothing included in the soft i can read. According to my findings, and what you admit yourself ("...without requesting the authorization") the regrettable behavior of your soft (access to internet without my knowledge) is in total contradiction with your "Digital River Privacy Statement" (which is a real headache in parentheses).

But to please you and for nostalgy, time time i'll continue to click on the 6.30 version which is not too curious like this one.

Thanks for your explanations, but not enough to convince me as you see, unfortunately.

Post Reply