Frequently Asked Questions

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Chemtable Software »

Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Does Reg Organizer support 64-bit systems?

Question:
Does Reg Organizer support 64-bit systems?

Answer:
Yes, starting with version 5.0 Reg Organizer supports 64-bit Windows.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

I've lost the license key, how to recover it?

Question:
I've reinstalled the system, but I have no license key anymore. How do I recover it now?

Answer:
To recover the license data, contact our technical support at support@chemtable.com. Make sure that you specify the email address you used to register the program in your message. You will receive all license data (and instructions about how to enter it) in the reply.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

I cannot register it. What’s wrong?

Question:
I enter the license key and the username, but the program displays an error message. What did I do wrong?

Answer:
You should enter the username and license key exactly the way they are specified in the message received during the registration. Otherwise, the program will display an error message. To avoid mistyping anything while entering the data, it is recommended to use the copy and paste operations (CTRL+C and CTRL+V, respectively).
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

How to clear drop-down lists in Reg Organizer?

Question:
How do I clear drop-down lists containing data previously typed in the input fields in the registry editing mode and also in the find and replace fields in Reg Organizer?

To clear the lists, close Reg Organizer and remove this file:

%Appdata%\ChemTable Software\Reg Organizer\ListsHistory.bin

%Appdata% is a template which equates to the application data folder. (You may use this template when specifying the path in Windows Explorer.) In explicit form, the location of the file above will look like one of the paths below.

Under Windows Vista or newer:

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\ChemTable Software\Reg Organizer

Under Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\ChemTable Software\Reg Organizer
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Message "Error: DeleteFile: failure, code 5."

Question:
I get the following error while installing the new version of Reg Organizer:

An error occurred while overwriting the existing file.
DeleteFile: failure, code 5.
Access denied.

What does it mean?

Answer:
The old version was not closed and is still in memory during the installation of the new version. You must close Reg Organizer before you start installing the new version.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

What is a subscription to the program?

Question:
What is a subscription to the program, and do I have to pay again after its period expires?

Answer:
The license for Reg Organizer has no time limitations. This means that you can use the program for an unlimited amount of time once you buy a license.

However, your right to free updates and technical support is limited by the term of the subscription. During the subscription period, you are entitled to use new versions of the program and technical support for free. After the subscription period expires, you lose the right to free updates and technical support.

Registered users may use the program without any time limitations, including the time after the subscription period expires.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Do I have to uninstall the old version of Reg Organizer?

Question:
Do I have to uninstall the old version of Reg Organizer before installing the new one?

Answer:
In most cases, you can install the new version of Reg Organizer over the old one without uninstalling the old version of the program beforehand.