program to install requires windows reboot

Questions and comments regarding Soft Organizer
jmjsquared

Re: program to install requires windows reboot

Post by jmjsquared »

Thank you. I'm sure it will help, as I now use FullUninstall exclusively just about every time I install anything.

And since you are being so nice and diplomatic, I'm going to sneak in a couple of Feature Requests:
1. There is at least one thrid-party uninstaller that creates an executable backup of whatever it uninstalls. (I think it only does so with monitored installations.) In your opinion, is such a feature a good idea and, if so, How about including it in a future release of FullUninstall?
2. Are there any plans to offer a tech version of FullUninstall, preferably a portable one that does not require installation but does create install/uninstall info on the target machine? I personally would love to be able to use FullUninstall on all the computers I work on (and, based on my past history, sometimes break).
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Post by Chemtable Software »

jmjsquared wrote:Thank you. I'm sure it will help, as I now use FullUninstall exclusively just about every time I install anything.

And since you are being so nice and diplomatic, I'm going to sneak in a couple of Feature Requests:
1. There is at least one thrid-party uninstaller that creates an executable backup of whatever it uninstalls. (I think it only does so with monitored installations.) In your opinion, is such a feature a good idea and, if so, How about including it in a future release of FullUninstall?
Not sure that storing the backup of the uninstalled information as executable will create a big product advantage. Do you think differently?
jmjsquared wrote: 2. Are there any plans to offer a tech version of FullUninstall, preferably a portable one that does not require installation but does create install/uninstall info on the target machine? I personally would love to be able to use FullUninstall on all the computers I work on (and, based on my past history, sometimes break).
We already have the portable edition of Reg Organizer - our main product that contains all functionality of Full Uninstall. You may download the trial version from:

http://www.chemtable.com/builds/portabl ... -setup.exe

Currently there are no plans of providing the separate portable version of Full Uninstall.
jmjsquared

Post by jmjsquared »

Not sure that storing the backup of the uninstalled information as executable will create a big product advantage. Do you think differently?
Yes, I think it would be another great feature for FullUninstall, something like Windows' System Restore... just in case something goes wrong during an uninstallation. It would have been a lifesaver for me back in June. Please be advised that I have never used that facility in the "other" utility and have some doubts as to how effectively it performs.

I'll certainly take a look at RegOrganizer. I am so leery of registry tools in general that, I must confess, I never even looked at that Product. Thanks for the info.