No arrows on 'shortcut' icons removed from tweaks?

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
Music4Me

No arrows on 'shortcut' icons removed from tweaks?

Post by Music4Me »

It does seem by my looking through the windows Tweaks that the ability to remove the 'Shortcut Arrows' on windows icons has been removed, am I correct in thinking this? This actually was one of my favorite tweaks, I know it removes the ability to add new icons to the task-bar but this only required a reboot. :o :o
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: No arrows on 'shortcut' icons removed from tweaks?

Post by Chemtable Software »

You are right, this tweak has been removed, but you may enable/disable it's functionality manually using the registry editor.

To remove the arrow from the shortcuts delete the IsShortcut value located in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\lnkfile registry key and reboot the system.

To return the arrows again create a string value (REG_SZ) with the above name, location and write any data to it (even an empty string will fit).

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Music4Me

Re: No arrows on 'shortcut' icons removed from tweaks?

Post by Music4Me »

If anyone else misses this tweak & don't want to keep editing the registry manually I have found a free portable fix in the URL below that works perfectly to add/remove 'Shortcut Arrows':

http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.156

I hope i'm not breaking any forum rules posting this & if I am please remove this post - You first need to return the registry to Windows default only as regards the shortcut arrows using the key in the reply from Konstantin Polyakov or with version 5.x of Reg Organizer then use the appropriate fix depending on your Windows version & whether 32/64 bit - It works perfectly for me & you can add items to the task-bar with no arrows enabled unlike the tweak in the old Reg Organizer - For Windows Vista/7 & 8.

Hope this helps - Paul