Spastic progress bars in Reg Organizer

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
andretm

Spastic progress bars in Reg Organizer

Post by andretm »

Is it just me or do others find what I call the "progress bars" in Reg Organizer to be an entirely processor resource wasteful and thoroughly annoying change. These are not new, maybe 1 or 2 years old? I am surprised they are still behaving the way they do now. Is this key to Reg Organizer's primary function? No, not at all. Did I expect by now that either via feedback, common sense, or some basic UI retooling that these idiotic progress bars would be calmed down/slowed down/or just removed (since they add zero actual value)? Yes. I have used Reg Organizer for many years. Whoever thought these spastic progress bars was a good idea should think again. It's enough to make me think twice about renewing my subscription. Yes, for me anyway, it's that bad. My two cents/rubles/rupees...your choice.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: Spastic progress bars in Reg Organizer

Post by Chemtable Software »

Thank you for your comment. At present time in the new interface parts of our programs we are sometimes using the graphical object of a new type to show the progress. A static example is attached. This type of progress indication requires less space on the screen and hopefully has a chance to replace the traditional progress bars in our programs in time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andretm

Re: Spastic progress bars in Reg Organizer

Post by andretm »

That alternative does appeal much more to me, a spinning pinwheel type of thing. I would be happy with just something blinking, for example, the word "working" or the phrase "analyzing your system" blinking, slowly, but okay yes obviously behaving to attract the user's attention, to inform the user. The current progress bars are too large, move too quickly, consume too many display resources (on my older win xp3 sp3 system)...of course, all in my opinion. I'm no UI/UX expert, just giving my feedback. Reg Organizer has saved my backside numerous times. And for that I thank you.
Good luck, Andre