[French translation] Reg Organizer 7.0 not on the right way

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: [French translation] Reg Organizer 7.0 not on the right

Post by Chemtable Software »

There is a lot of spyware detection software. The top regular antiviruses also can detect this type of malware too.

I'm wondering, how do you then imagine the program with the correct behaviour which needs to download a fresh database from the server to start the work. Should the programs show a yes/no prompt before downloading? If there are several programs installed, I afraid the user will be faced with the endless dialog boxes. Including from Windows itself.
malaverde

Post by malaverde »

Assuming that this is true, each start your soft needs update to work, what i can't believe. The correct behavior should be to give the choice here:

Commands/Settings/Check for updates/Automatically check for the Program updates/yes or no
Commands/Settings/Check for updates/At start, automatically check for Database update/yes or no

If you do not want to change this behavior in that way, it would mean for some reason you prefer to keep secret that deliberately you want to maintain people in the dark.
Konstantin Polyakov wrote:I afraid the user will be faced with the endless dialog boxes.
With this method above you are always free to select what box should be ticked by default.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Post by Chemtable Software »

Thank you for your answer.

For me it's hard to imagine why the user may wish not to update the "Database", especially given that it is not clear for them what database is meant if the setting would have such name.

The really reason the user may want to turn this option on is because they want to disable the Internet activity of Reg Organizer (just as you wanted to do). So, I suppose, the setting which would better match here is "Disable any Reg Organizer Internet activity". This would cover the both settings above .
malaverde

Post by malaverde »

A box for each activity would be preferable in my opinion, otherwise with your global solution for people choosing to keep updates in auto they can't know what is really running in background. Always assuming we have a second activity people should know of course.

In addition you said your soft can't work (properly?) without a fresh database. So with my solution we can keep the program functional without being annoyed by the program updates, with useless new translations for example, etc...

And the most important, like this we could be sure that it is really a database update activity. Please just add some lines with brief but transparent explanations somewhere, for people who are interested how it works and where...

All is said for my part.