version 1.10

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
beck

version 1.10

Post by beck »

Question on version 1.10. Is the express registry checker on version 1.10 different than the one in version 1.0? I installed version 1.10 OVER version 1.0 and the express registry checker says all is OK, but if I run the registry checker from the menu, items show up. This seems to be different than on verson 1.0 for me.
I'm running XP Home SP3.

Also, after installing verson 1.10 over version 1.0, two items showed up on the express registry checker with the date saying "today", but the time was incorrect.
Using version 1.10, I removed some items from a folder, but they did not show up in registry life as 'non existant files" like in version 1.0. Is there a certain time limit when these show up?

Can you please explain the differences between the two versions other than the registry compactor difference?

Thank you.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: version 1.10

Post by Chemtable Software »

beck wrote:Question on version 1.10. Is the express registry checker on version 1.10 different than the one in version 1.0? I installed version 1.10 OVER version 1.0 and the express registry checker says all is OK, but if I run the registry checker from the menu, items show up. This seems to be different than on verson 1.0 for me.
I'm running XP Home SP3.
Yes, the behavior of the express registry check function in version 1.10 was changed. Starting from this version express registry check does not show that the registry cleanup is necessary even if the small number of problems was found and the previous cleanup has been performed recently.
beck wrote:Also, after installing verson 1.10 over version 1.0, two items showed up on the express registry checker with the date saying "today", but the time was incorrect.
It may show "today" if the cleanup or optimization has been performed within the last 24 hours.
beck wrote: Using version 1.10, I removed some items from a folder, but they did not show up in registry life as 'non existant files" like in version 1.0. Is there a certain time limit when these show up?
Probably this is due to some minor changes we have made to the registry cleanup tool code in version 1.10. Provide these entries if you want me to give more exact answer why they are ignored.
beck

Post by beck »

Thanks for taking the time to explain this!
Great product, keep up the good work.
beck

Post by beck »

I was happy with this program until today when I got the message: 'invalid application path in the settings" with a link to Registry Organizer.
I know you want to sell software, but now I have problems that I can't fix unless I use your software!
NOT GOOD.
I'm removing Registry Life 1.10.
Will version 1.0 take care of this for me?

UN happy.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Version 1.0 does not shows this message as it does not performs such test.
beck

Post by beck »

Administrator wrote:Version 1.0 does not shows this message as it does bit performs such test.
I don't understand "does bit performs such test"
Does that mean it does not perform such test?
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

It does NOT perform it, of course.