[Solved] Computer unresponsive since running registry optimize

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
Cherise

[Solved] Computer unresponsive since running registry optimize

Post by Cherise »

My computer has been unresponsive since running the Registry Optimization a couple of nights ago.

As I type the letters are appearing one at a time; extreme delayed reaction with this and EVERYTHING.

When I click on something it may open normally, or it may take a long time before it opens. It may not open at all. A box will open blank and usually if I wait long enough it will finally fill in. Example: When I opened Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EEK) to run it the box opened but just a border with nothing inside it. I waited and waited and if finally filled in so I could select and run the scan. Nothing was found.

This started last night. I didn't even think I was going to get the computer booted back up, but I finally did and after that things seemed to be running fine and I thought I was back to normal. But when I booted up tonight the same thing started all over again

I did create a restore point before optimizing registry so don't know if I should run that or not.

I'm new to Reg Organizer, just purchased. I made one post and never received an answer so hope I will get an answer to this one.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: Computer unresponsive since running registry optimize

Post by Chemtable Software »

The Registry Optimization function of Reg Organizer defrayments and compresses the files, where the registry is stored. This cannot slow down the computer or affect the appearance of the applications as the data in the registry is not changed during the optimization.
I think the reasons of the problems you are describing is different than using Reg Organizer.
Cherise

Post by Cherise »

I've been told that by another computer tech. All I know is that I ran the optimizer and then I shut down for the night. The next night when I booted my computer I started having these problems and it continues.

I just used my System Restore point and went back to before I optimized, and it might be some better, but actually, I think I still have some of the problems, altho they don't seem quite as bad.

I've also got a post into my security program forum so maybe they will come up with something.
Cherise

Post by Cherise »

Just wanted to let you know that things seem to be back to normal. Maybe optimizing the registry made some change to that built-in Game Bar thing??? That little green box started popping up that says "Press Win + G to open game bar." Finally I Googled that and followed the instructions to shut it down. Then I rebooted and now my computer is back to working normally. So apparently the problems I was having all stemmed from that.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Post by Chemtable Software »

It's good that the problem is resolved.