System Express Check keeps finding Trouble

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
PieterB

System Express Check keeps finding Trouble

Post by PieterB »

Whenever I, or Reg Organizer starts System Express Check, it seems to be in a loop. First run: more than 152 unneeded files > problems fixed; Automated, program initiated second run: more than 110 unneeded files > problems fixed; Automated, program initiated third run ETC ETC

Reg Organizer keeps finding files, keeps finding files, keeps finding files, keeps finding files, keeps finding files, keeps finding files......

Is this a bug or a joke?

PieterB
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: System Express Check keeps finding Trouble

Post by Chemtable Software »

Probably this is because the useless files are not actually removed. Please tell me if we'll be able to send you the debug build of Reg Organizer which will create a log file. This will help us to investigate the problem.
PieterB

Post by PieterB »

Sure you can send me a debug version, I'll be more than willing to help. I guess you have my email address. If it's more or less the same size, email is no problem. Otherwise send me a download link.

It shouldn't make a difference, but FYI: the drive where those files reside, is a logical drive with a RAID-1 array, on a Promise Fasttrak S150SX4.

PieterB
joetraff

Post by joetraff »

Hey,I have faced the same problem too.My suggestion is nothing but install again.
PieterB

Post by PieterB »

After I installed the debug version, everything was alright. The debug RO leaves a log file on the desktop, giving information about files which were NOT removed.

So maybe your suggestion might be a good one. Leaves us with the question why a first install goes wrong....

PieterB
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Pieter, try the regular version instead of the debug one to check whether the problem still occurs:

http://www.chemtable.com/files/reg-organizer-setup.exe

The debug version we sent out to you just contains logging, it does not contain any corrections regarding the problem you reported about. Probably something has changed in your system which resulted in disappearing of incorrect program behavior.

Also if the log file created by the debug version is not empty it will be useful it you send it out to us at support@chemtable.com
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

joetraff wrote:Hey,I have faced the same problem too.My suggestion is nothing but install again.
Am I correct that you have problem with the Disk Cleanup tool of Reg Organizer - the program does not correct some of the problems found by this tool?
PieterB

Post by PieterB »

Administrator wrote:Also if the log file created by the debug version is not empty it will be useful it you send it out to us at support@chemtable.com
I think I already sent you a log file. After installing the debug version, no problems remained, and the log file was empty.

I just installed the regular version, and everything is OK. Your assumption that something changed in my computer setup is wrong: nothing basically changed between the two installs. So I assume, there might be some install bug, reading the post of joetraff

PieterB
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

PieterB wrote:So I assume, there might be some install bug, reading the post of joetraffPieterB
Not sure this is install related problem. Anyway, if the problem does not occur anymore we cannot determine its reason exactly.
PieterB

Post by PieterB »

laila55 wrote:The debug version we sent out to you just contains logging, it does not contain any corrections regarding the problem you reported about.
Probably something has changed in your system which resulted in disappearing of incorrect program behavior.
Thanks and Godspeed!
Unless you''re going crazy, someone is screwing you.

Take care,
PieterB