Safe Mode Trouble

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
anope

Safe Mode Trouble

Post by anope »

Hello!
I have a problem with new versions. I tried to update Reg Organizer from 8.03 to 8.15. After successful installation (uninst>inst), I noticed that the program does not work in Safe Mode. There were two windows with an error, then the program was opened with an empty window. I guess it still in 8.16. For now I'm using 8.04. The system is Windows 7 MSDN.
At installing, I noticed that the program did not delete its settings from the file system and registry.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: Safe Mode Trouble

Post by Chemtable Software »

Hello,

Thank you for the information. We will try to reproduce this problem to find the solution.
bravotango

Post by bravotango »

I had this exact same problem with Version 8.26 on Windows 10.

In safe mode I had this error and a blank screen:
Access violation at address 00BA3867 in module 'Reg Organizer.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

I found it is better to run Reg Organizer in safe mode to fix registry errors as I have always done this in the past.

I then ran it in safe mode with network and everything worked OK so that looks like a solution.

Thanks for this amazing software!!!

Barry
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Post by Chemtable Software »

Hello,

Currently the program is not officially supports working in the Safe Mode. We don't guarantee the correct launch of Reg Organizer in this case.