[fixed] Can't Login to XP After Running Registry Life

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
Frank

[fixed] Can't Login to XP After Running Registry Life

Post by Frank »

I have the same problem as "spidera" who posted on Sat. Nov. 7th. I was going to use the recommended web site <http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3 ... 45&x=8&y=5> but didn't because it said "Warning: Do not use the procedure that is described in this article if your computer has an OEM-installed operating system." I have a second hand laptop and don't know if the OS is OEM or not. I don't want to take the chance of doing something bad. It is bad enough now. The laptop was OK but slow before I ran Registry Life. Now I can't use use it at all. I never used to have to log in and had never entered a password for same. What's next, please?
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: Can't Login to XP After Running Registry Life

Post by Chemtable Software »

I am sorry about the trouble you were facing. Please accept my apologies.

This problem is already fixed, it might occur with Registry Life 1.10 or older.

To check whether your copy of Windows XP is OEM or not:

- Press Start, right click on My Computer.
- Select Properties.
- On the General tab you'll see the serial number which looks like 76285-631-8365391-23051. If your copy is OEM, this number will contain the "OEM" word. Otherwise it contains only digits.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Thanks for the reply. I checked my Registry Life version and it is 1.10.0.0. Obviously I can't check my OS version because I can't log on. Is there anything else you can suggest to let me get the use of my laptop back?
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Sorry, I cannot suggest you nothing except the above Microsoft registry recovery article.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Well, thanks for nothing!! Your Registry Life program has made my laptop into an expensive doorstop and you're not willing or able to do anything about it. And because you said the problem was fixed with versions later than 1.10 you knew you had a problem. What if I try the recommended Microsoft program you mention and the OS on my laptop (which I can't access) is OEM.? What then? Still no help from you? I can't believe that a company that provides a program that causes a problem for a consumer won't do anything to correct it for him. I hope to get a reply from you but given your previous 'no help' comments I won't be surprised if I don't. Again, thanks for ruining my laptop.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

As you contacted us with details of this problem via email I'll continue the future correspondence on this problem via email.
roger

Re: [fixed] Can't Login to XP After Running Registry Life

Post by roger »

Hi
Looks like i have the same problem
Down loaded Registry 1.21
Cannot log on windows xp
Keeps asking me for a password
ANy cure for this yet
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: [fixed] Can't Login to XP After Running Registry Life

Hello.

Registry Life newer then 1.10 should not be the reason of this as we've fixed the problem which might cause the above system behavior.

If you have problems with Windows XP registry, try to recover it using the technique in the above article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3 ... &x=15&y=13

If this does not help, try the below technique:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3 ... 5&x=9&y=16