v5.15 just hangs

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
deeppow

v5.15 just hangs

Post by deeppow »

Windows where you click "fix" or "OK" now
1) take forever to complete and
2) often hang and never go away till you kill the program.
Version 5.15 is first time I've seen this behavior. This new feature makes the program almost impossible to use or at least extremely irritating.

Have been successfully running older version of RegOrganizer on Windows 7 64-bit for a long time.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: v5.15 just hangs

Post by Chemtable Software »

Does it occurs with the older versions, for example, 5.12? It can be downloaded from:

http://www.chemtable.com/files/older/Re ... 1Setup.exe
deeppow

Post by deeppow »

It didn't occur till 5.15. I'm sure of that. I tried an uninstall of 5.15 and reinstalled 5.14 and now the problem occurs with that version too. (I tend to be a software pack rat, I have versions back to 1.2 but only tried returning to 5.14)

It appears 5.15 changed some of the settings deeper in the registry or elsewhere. For example, an uninstall doesn't remove some of the info stored in AppData (Local and Roaming as I remember) and I've not done a wipe of those nor gone manually into revising the registry itself. Thought I would touch base with you folks first.

I do consider this a major problem, at least for me.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

This problem may be the result of too big number of change logs created using the Applications Uninstaller tool. We plan to release a new version in a week and it has fully rewritten algorithm of working with the change logs. Let's wait for the new version, so that you'll be able to test it and say whether the problem is still occurs. I'll let you know when the new version will be available.
deeppow

Post by deeppow »

I don't tend to use the install/uninstall capability in RegOrg. Sounds like it might do a better job but I just forget. I do have tons of copies of backup registries.

Let me know when the next version is ready. Actually the auto check for updates will probably find it too.
deeppow

Post by deeppow »

Deleted a good number of the registry backups that were part of C:\Users\....\AppData\Local\ChemTable Software\Reg Organizer\backups. That alone did not seem to affect things. Restarted because of a separate need and now RegOrganizer works fine. Appears to have been too many registry backup files plus a system restart.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Thank you for your information.

BTW, the new version of Reg Organizer - 5.20 beta 1 is released today:

http://www.chemtable.com/files/reg-orga ... -setup.exe