Excludes items

Questions and comments regarding Soft Organizer
Kissol

Excludes items

Post by Kissol »

Thanks for your great application!

1- I would to suggest to have in right click the option to "Add to Excluded files and folders" and/or "Add to Excluded Keys" (not only Delete option!). In Show details Window.

2- BTW, it will be useful to keep the app.'snapshot tracing, even after the standart uninstall was made. Since sometimes the uninstaller needs to reboot to complete the uninstall (after reboot user could to do the complete uninstall with Full Uninstaller then). Just a suggestion.

Thanks again!
Anton Maksimov
Developers Team

Re: Excludes items

Post by Anton Maksimov »

Thanks! We will think about your suggestion.
TPC

Post by TPC »

Kissol wrote:Thanks for your great application!

1- I would to suggest to have in right click the option to "Add to Excluded files and folders" and/or "Add to Excluded Keys" (not only Delete option!). In Show details Window.

2- BTW, it will be useful to keep the app.'snapshot tracing, even after the standart uninstall was made. Since sometimes the uninstaller needs to reboot to complete the uninstall (after reboot user could to do the complete uninstall with Full Uninstaller then). Just a suggestion.

Thanks again!
I definitely support totally this kind of request (similar to your rival,Total Uninstall),it's so frustrating if one hasn't pre-set the exclusions earlier..
also "Continue monitoring after reboot" would be nice,since many software request a reboot in order to install their drivers/running services properly.

@Full Uninstall developers:
Thanks for creating such a great neat tool, I got this for free via your+Giveaway Of The Days giveaway promotion, and I'm really happy about this software.
I will for sure buy a new personal license for this software when the promotion key expires..
I find the computer snapshot/compare a slightly faster than on Total Uninstall,atleast on a x64 bit machine..
Thanks again,and keep up the good work.

edit: just noticed this post in another topic:

Code: Select all

Re: program to install requires windows reboot

Postby Konstantin Polyakov » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:43 am
In the latest version the tracking changes procedure can be performed in background. This means that you may reboot the system during the installation of the new application and finalize this procedure after reboot. To do this you need to close the Install an Application window during tracing changes and and select an option to continue tracing in background.

Konstantin Polyakov
    Developers Team

Thanks!
TPC

Post by TPC »

another suggestion..
how about adding an feature when you look at the registry/file/directory changes made by the installation..
there would be an option by right clicking the specific registry key,you would get "open the key in regedit" or/and
"open the folder"
but would be nice to have that exclusion list on registry keys+files,because it now adds temporary files from internet explorer+firefox etc.
on the list,and also registry keys from anti-virus/firewall softwares...
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Post by Chemtable Software »

Good idea, this has been planned for the future versions.
TPC

Post by TPC »

The program is getting better and better, keep up the good work.
There's something missing which I think should be definitely there..
As for now, adding exclusions is a bit tricky, could it be added so after finishing the scan of the installed program,
and when the user sees "Application's traces" window, there would be options by right-clicking on a selected registry/file entry to add it on exclude list.

Another thing which would be nice to have and unique compared to that of the other similar problems would be, to have an option in the settings to
BACKUP excluded files+folders+registry-entries to another (user) defined location, and also an option to RESTORE the excluded locations.
This would be very handy if you do a fresh Windows install,and install all the same/some of the programs again, so you don't have to add the exclusions
all over again,or do manual backup's+restore, like you have to do now. (This is too hard for a normal user,I think.)

Anyways, keep up the good work, you guys are on the leading spot with this one. ;)
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Post by Chemtable Software »

TPC wrote:The program is getting better and better, keep up the good work.
There's something missing which I think should be definitely there..
As for now, adding exclusions is a bit tricky, could it be added so after finishing the scan of the installed program,
and when the user sees "Application's traces" window, there would be options by right-clicking on a selected registry/file entry to add it on exclude list.
This function is already queued for the future version (I think it will be 2.20).
TPC wrote: Another thing which would be nice to have and unique compared to that of the other similar problems would be, to have an option in the settings to
BACKUP excluded files+folders+registry-entries to another (user) defined location, and also an option to RESTORE the excluded locations.
This would be very handy if you do a fresh Windows install,and install all the same/some of the programs again, so you don't have to add the exclusions
all over again,or do manual backup's+restore, like you have to do now. (This is too hard for a normal user,I think.)

Anyways, keep up the good work, you guys are on the leading spot with this one. ;)
Thank you for the idea.
Kissol

V. 3.10 - Thanks!

Post by Kissol »

With 'Soft Organizer' 3.10 the requested items in first post is done. This newest version is an enhanced build, that add a crucial point: to allow users to handle with app. that need reboot to install/uninstall.

In fact is a feature that is not easy to find in uninstallers; some uninstallers think that are more clever than the owner installer/uninstaller - so they claim to do everything what is needed - even when they can't at all to control reboot actions (like drivers order uninstall; such behaviour have virtual dangerous implications).

V. 3.10 add a default Ignore List that is very useful to common users, that don't need and doesn't must to have special Registry knowledge. [I could add the key HKLM\BCD00000000 - just in case...]

Thanks a lot for your efforts!

8-)