Thank You For Choosing Reg Organizer
Don’t miss free tips and notifications about new releases.
What's New in Reg Organizer 8.26
- Installer improvement. Added the ability (by setting a corresponding flag option at the uninstall) to remove all Reg Organizer's data and settings from the system when uninstalling it.
- The Startup Processes tool bug fixed: In some cases under the 64-bit operating system the shortcuts pointing to the file in the Program Files folder could be incorrectly recognized as invalid.
Version 8.25 (January 28, 2019):
- Applications Uninstaller: Added the ability to show those of your applications that you use rarely. In the settings it is easy to change the number of days after which an application should be considered rarely used in case it is not launched at least once (60 by default).
- In the system and private data cleanup tools in the found items displaying window a command has been added for showing an item in the folder or opening in the registry editor (depending on the item type).
- If you disabled an option to open Express Check at program startup, it will not be enabled automatically if switching to this tool.
- Bugs fixed:
- System cleanup tool: Fixed hanging up during the Windows Updates Unused Files location location cleanup. Sometimes cleaning up this location can still take much time, up to about 10 minutes.
- Startup Applications tool: In some cases the in was not possible to remove the invalied entry.
- Applications Uninstaller: If to open the application install with tracing window and then immediately press the Close button or click the cross at the window corner the window had closed with the noticeable delay.
Version 8.20 (September 21, 2018):
- A new system cleanup location: Windows Upgrade Logs.
- Notifications about adding applications to the startup including their cloud antivirus analysis. Disabled by default. To enable, open the Startup Applications tool and turn on the corresponding option.
- The ability to completely exclude from the scanning any of the predefined cleanup locations (they are located on the left side of the window) in the Private Data Cleanup tool. To do this use the new context menu command added to the predefined cleanup locations list.
- Improved the deleted applications traces lookup algorithm.
- The program's look has been enhanced if using the Classic theme under Windows XP-7.
- Some modifications to the new startup applications notifications function.
- Chinese language is now suppported in the interface. (In total the program is now available in 15 languages.)
- Bugs fixed:
- Sometimes if making the rescan right after the System Cleanup function was in operation, a small number of unnecessary files were found again.
- The Back button in the Startup Applications tool does not work.
- Applications Uninstaller: The Settings and Commands button was not displayed.
- When cleaning the Recycle Bin, an overestimated size of the freed space could be shown due to the incorrect calculation of the NTFS reparse point items sizes.
- A message "System Error. Code 1400: Invalid window handle" could occasionally occur.
- If Classic Registry Cleanup is enabled, the corresponding button did not dissapear from the tool selection panel when collapsing its section.
Version 8.16 (May 21, 2018):
- Improved cleaning of the Obsolete Downloads cleanup location. Now Reg Organizer offers to review the files recommended for the removal to from the Downloads folder before the actual deletion.
Version 8.15 (May 17, 2018):
- Added a new ability to remove obsolete files from the Downloads folder during the cleanup. Disabled by default.
- The Applications Uninstaller tool:
- The installations tracing feature slowdown that arose after updating to Windows 10 1803 (April 2018 Update) has been eliminated.
- The "Run Installer in Silent Mode (If Supported)" command during the installation tracing now works in more cases.
- Bug fixed: In case the By Developer applications grouping mode was selected, it could work incorrectly.
- Bug fixed: In the System Cleanup and Private Data Cleanup tools the Back and Run scanning again buttons did not respond to pressing.
Version 8.11 (April 15, 2018):
Version 8.10 (April 06, 2018):
- The Applications Uninstaller tool:
- Forced uninstall support. If uninstalling an application in this mode, its standard uninstaller will not be launched.
- At the top of the window, buttons were added to display the applications that matched some criteria, for example, large applications or recently installed ones.
- It is now possible to merge multiple applications within a folder or to set any application as the child item of any other one. This allows you to shorten the applications list.
- Ability to group the applications by size: Large applications are displayed in a separate group. You may specify in the Settings which applications to consider as large.
- The applications in the list can be sorted in ascending or descending order.
- A new Delete from the List Without Uninstalling context menu command. Allows you to delete the information about the traces that are not associated with any application registered in the system. Such records may occur as a result of the unsuccessful tracing of the application's installation.
- If multiple applications were installed during a single trace they will be merged into a folder.
- A command for the quick navigation to the Applications Uninstaller tool's settings has been added to the menu invoked by clicking the button with the three horizontal lines image located at the right of the search field.
- A Search Online context menu command to open the search engine with the selected application query.
- The ability to enable the classic registry cleanup tool has been added to the settings.
- You may view the details on the found Applications cache items the list of which is located in the right part of the Private Data Cleanup window.
- The Explorer Thumbnails cleanup part of the System Cleanup: Now you may view what files are to be cleaned by clicking on the part.
- Bug fixed: The Private Data Cleanup tool could hang on some systems when scanning the Chrome, Yandex and Edge cleanup locations.
Version 8.05 (12/22/2017):
Version 8.04 (11/25/2017):
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes lead to the program crash during the removed applications leftovers deletion.
Version 8.03 (11/9/2017):
- Bug fixed: Startup Applications tool: Some applications that automatically starts from Task Scheduler could be incorrectly recognized as erroneous and marked red although they are correct.
- Bug fixed: The Private Data Cleanup tool could hang up when scanning the Chrome Cookies and Sites Data location on some systems.
Version 8.02 (11/1/2017):
- The Startup Applications tool:
- More relevant search results are shown when using the Search Online command on the entry.
- Bug fixed: When using the Delay Load for... command the delayed entry could be duplicated in the system.
- Bug fixed: The removed startup entries have not been displayed in the Undoing Changes Center.
Version 8.01 (10/10/2017):
- Bug fixed: The Private Data Cleanup tool could hand during the scan.
Version 8.0 (09/04/2017):
- Ability to clean the cache of the installed applications.
- A new Private Data Cleanup tool was added. It is designed for cleaning the data of a personal nature emerging in everyday use of your PC like browsing history and the drop-down lists with the paths of files you recently opened in Windows or applications.
- The new System Cleanup tool combines the functionality for cleaning the disk and the registry allowing for effective freeing up of disk space and correcting the system problems like invalid shortcuts.
- Ability to clean the jump lists (recently accessed application files and actions).
- Ability to clean the Run dialog (opened using the Win + R keys combination) history.
- Switching between the Maximum cleanup mode and the Everyday cleanup mode in the System Cleanup tool. The Maximum cleanup mode can be used, if it is necessary to free up the maximum possible amount of space on the drives. This will be done at the cost of removing old restore points, emptying the Recycle bin, etc. Enable this mode to view more information to make a decision.
- Recently Used Files section: More files and folders you recently opened in Windows or applications are now displayed here.
- Check for update: You may disable notifications about beta and alpha versions.
- The Settings window can be resized.
- It is now possible to open Express Check directly from the Tool Selection Panel located at the left part of the main window.
- The Startup applications tool: Now you may permanently exclude the applications from the optimization. To do this click on the cross at the right of the application in the recommendations window.
- Documentation update.