Soft Organizer Version History
v. 7.44 03/19/2019
- Bug fixed: Right-click on the folder in the applications list did not lead to showing the context menu.
- Bug fixed: The command "Windows context menu commands" has missed from the settings.
v. 7.43 02/06/2019
- Installer improvement. Added the ability (by setting a corresponding flag option at the uninstall) to remove all Soft Organizer's data and settings from the system when uninstalling it.
v. 7.42 01/09/2019
- Added the ability to show those of your applications that you use rarely. In the settings it is easy to change the number of days after which an application should be considered rarely used in case it is not launched at least once (60 by default).
- Fixed bug: If to open the application install with tracing window and then immediately press the Close button or click the cross at the window corner the window had closed with the noticable delay.
- Fixed minor bugs.
v. 7.30 09/13/2018
- Improved the deleted applications traces lookup algorithm.
v. 7.29 08/28/2018
- Improving the unofficial translations gear work.
- Problem fixed: The program did not run under Windows XP.
v. 7.26 07/05/2018
- The modern-style Windows 10 Action Center's notifications are now used for the installed applications updates informing.
- Improved program's stability.
- Minor improvements and enhancements.
v. 7.21 05/29/2018
- The installations tracing feature slowdown that arose after updating to Windows 10 1803 (April 2018 Update) has been eliminated.
- The "Run Installer in Silent Mode (If Supported)" command during the installation tracing is now works in more cases.
- Fixed bugs related to the notifications about the installed applications updates.
v. 7.15 05/03/2018
- Visual improvements.
- The installed applications updates check can be performed even when Soft Organizer is closed.
- Bug fixed: In case the By Developer applications grouping mode was selected, it could work incorrectly.
v. 7.10 03/22/2018
- Improved installed applications updating function. If an application supports automatic update, after you click the Update button, the new version will be installed without showing any dialog windows.
- A Search Online context menu command to open the search engine with the selected application query.
v. 7.0 02/25/2018
Reg Organizer 7.01 (March 06, 2018)
- Bug fixed: The Windows 10 applications folder could not be opened.
Reg Organizer 7.0 (February 25, 2018)
- Forced uninstall support. If uninstalling an application in this mode, its standard uninstaller will not be launched.
- At the top of the window, buttons were added to display the applications that matched some criteria, for example, large applications or recently installed ones.
- It is now possible to merge multiple applications within a folder or to set any application as the child item of any other one. This allows you to shorten the applications list.
- Ability to group the applications by size: Large applications are displayed in a separate group. You may specify in the Settings which applications to consider as large.
- The applications in the list can be sorted in ascending or descending order.
- A new Delete from the List Without Uninstalling context menu command. Allows you to delete the information about the traces that are not associated with any application registered in the system. Such records may occur as a result of the unsuccessful tracing of the application's installation.
- If multiple applications were installed during a single trace they will be merged into a folder.
- In case of a quick removal of a traced application, the traces are not deleted but stored for the future removal as a record titled "Traces of %App name%".
v. 6.15 09/26/2017
- Improvements and correction of problems.
v. 6.11 07/26/2017
- The deleted applications traces lookup function has been optimized.
v. 6.10 07/26/2017
- Updating of some interface elements.
- Check for update: You may disable notifications about beta and alpha versions.
- The Settings window can be resized.
v. 6.07 02/22/2017
- Bugs fixed:
- Incorrect colors have been displayed on the left-hand panel under the classic Windows theme.
- Sometimes after installing a program with tracing, in the list on the programs installed with tracing in the current session the same program could be shown twice.
- No value was shown in the Size column for many applications.
v. 6.06 02/22/2017
- Improving the accuracy of the applications installing with tracing function. Fixing the several possible cases when the entries not related to the traced application are added to the traced changes.
- Bug fixed: It was not possible to execute more than one install with tracing without restarting Soft Organizer.
v. 6.05 11/29/2016
- Improvement to the algorithm of searching for the applications' traces in the system.
v. 6.04 11/28/2016
- The delay eliminated in the main window when you select in the list the traced application, which has a lot of changes.
- Improved stability.
v. 6.03 11/14/2016
v. 6.02 09/29/2016
v. 6.01 08/30/2016
- The multi-language support module improvements.
v. 6.0 08/22/2016
- The procedure of installing an application with tracing has been greatly accelerated.
- Now the size of the applications is displayed and there is an ability to sort by size.
- Fixed bug: When uninstalling a traced application if the tracing data had contained the created registry values they have not been removed.
v. 5.12 08/12/2016
- Fixed bugs, improved the program's stability.
v. 5.11 06/10/2016
- Fixed bugs:
- The incorrect version number 22.214.171.124 could be displayed in the about window on some systems.
- Soft Organizer could crash if you switch the uninstall of an application to the quick mode (without searching for traces).
v. 5.10 06/09/2016
- The removed applications leftovers search function has been improved. Now Soft Organizer is able to find more leftovers in the system.
- The Settings window now appears more quickly. Saving the settings by pressing OK in this window has been also accelerated.
- Improved the multi-monitor systems support.
- Bugs fixed:
- When searching for the applications' traces in the system, superfluous "?" characters might be presented in the paths.
- If larger system fonts are enabled in Windows 10/8.1, the program's windows were blurred.
v. 5.03 01/19/2016
- Fixed bugs:
- When uninstalling the universal Windows 10/8 apps (also known as Windows Store apps) the uninstall stage have not been shown in the top of the window.
- For some universal apps the icons have not been displayed in the main window's applications list.
v. 5.02 11/17/2015
- Improved algorithm of the removed applications leftovers searching function.
v. 5.01 11/12/2015
- Update of the applications traces in the system lookup algorithm.
v. 5.0 10/29/2015
- We have added a new feature allowing you to search for the leftovers of the applications that have been already removed from system. It allows you to find and delete the files, folders, and registry entries which are useless because they belong to the applications which are no longer present in the system.
- Bug fixed: In some cases, flickering could be seen during the uninstalling of an application when the traces search in the system was being performed.
v. 4.13 08/17/2015
- Support of users translations of the program into the other languages. If you want to translate Soft Organizer into the another language, please visit http://langs.chemtable-cloud.com.
- Better Windows 10 support.
- Bug fixed: The Download Update button could be shown for some of the applications, while no updates were available for them.
v. 4.12 07/01/2015
- The algorithm of context application removal (via the Desktop shortcut) has been improved.
v. 4.11 06/25/2015
- Now it is possible to completely uninstall any application directly from the Windows shell without the need to first launch Soft Organizer. Here is how to do this:
- If there is a shortcut of the application you want to uninstall on the Desktop, drag it to Soft Organizer's shortcut to begin uninstalling.
- Right click on the application you want to uninstall and choose the command titled Uninstall completely with Soft Organizer.
- Increased accuracy of the installed applications updates check function.
v. 4.03 05/12/2015
- A Soft Organizer icon added to its Explorer context menu command for running an application with tracing.
- The problem with the application's digital signature has been fixed.
v. 4.02 04/28/2015
- Improved the program stability.
v. 4.01 04/13/2015
- Update check for Windows 8/8.1/10 (Windows Store) applications.
- Some interface improvements.
v. 4.0 03/31/2015
- The new type of applications for Windows 8/8.1/10 (Windows Store applications) is supported.
- Updated look.
- Bug fixed: If you try to reboot the computer without closing Soft Organizer, a message was shown that latter does not allow to end the session.
- Bug fixed: High CPU resources consumption during the work of the standard uninstaller when removing an application.
- When removing the application traces now the backup is created in the Undoing Change Center. This makes it easy to recover the deleted application traces in case of necessary, for example, if you removed the program's traces, whereupon decided that you wish to continue using it.
- Uninstalling applications is faster due to the fact that the system restore point is not created now before the application's traces removal. (The quickly working Undoing changes center is now used instead to provide the ability to rollback the traces removal).
- If the installer execution tracking agent is enabled, it gets loaded with a 1 minute delay after logging in to the system. (Previously this used to occur immediately after logging in.) This was done to boost the system's moving into the fully working condition by reducing the number of processes executed simultaneously just after the system has loaded.
- The application icons in the tabled view became larger and rendered better (under Windows Vista or higher).
- Increased accuracy of the application installing with tracing function. In some cases the superfluous registry might have been added to the applications traces.
- The search for the installed applications updates function now works faster (significantly faster on some systems).
- When pressing the Download Update button for one of the applications for which the update was found, the new version information page is opened right away now, without the intermediate page. For applications with the verified update only.
- The Installer Execution Tracking Agent has been updated to eliminate incorrect recognition of some launched processes as installers.
- Bug fixed: In some cases the superfluous folders were added to the applications traces.
- Bug fixed: In some cases the superfluous registry entries had been added to the applications traces.
- For each installed application, Soft Organizer now shows the percentage of users who removed the application shortly after installation. This helps to identify the unnecessary applications.
- A change to the installed applications updating function. If an update is detected for some application and Soft Organizer can provide a verified download link for the update, the application will be highlighted in the list with a checkmark.
- Interface improvement: The Notation Conventions window's height was increased which removes the vertical scroll bar.
- Improved accuracy of the application installing with tracing function, so that the system changes which do not apply to the application being installed will not be registered.
- Other minor changes and improvements.
- When uninstalling applications that may change the browser settings, like various browser toolbars, Soft Organizer shows information about how to return your browser's settings to the initial state.
- Soft Organizer is now able to determine the name of the application installed with tracing even if it does not register itself in the registry (in the uninstall keys). For example, such situation may take place for portable applications. Earlier, by default such applications were assigned the "Installed Application" name.
- The Installer Execution Tracking Agent has been improved.
- Fixed bugs:
- When running under the 64-bit system, when running the application's tracing using the Explorer context menu the program to be traced have not been launched automatically if located in the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
- Hanging-up when showing the main window under Windows XP.
- Entries filtering is accelerated on slow systems when entering the search string in the top right part of the window.
- Ability to read and write comments to the applications. The corresponding command has been added to the context menu.
- Now is it easy to remove multiple applications at once. To activate this function select a program and click at the arrow on the Uninstall Application button.
- The rarely used items have been removed from the applications list. Currently, a larger number of system and service components will not be shown in the applications list by default, but it is easy to enable the displaying of them, if necessary, by using the button on the status bar at the bottom of the window.
- Now Soft Organizer checks for updates for more of programs.
- A right click on every tree-like list in the program now results in selecting the item (not only summoning its context menu).
- A button was added beside the program names allowing you to view what a program is meant for. (Available only for a limited number of programs yet. The database is continually filling up.)
- The Applications list menu now features a command to export the list of installed programs to an HTML file.
- If an application for which installation was traced is removed without Soft Organizer participation (for instance, using its own uninstall tool) the traces data is not erased. You can use it later to clean the system from the uninstalled application leftovers.
- Added Polish language support.
- Fixed bug: If the installed programs updates feature has been disabled through the Soft Organizer settings, the ability to group the programs by the new version existence was still available in the menu.