July 09, 2010 (updated 8 years ago), Chemtable Software
Reg Organizer 5.10
* Registry Search tool:
- The search field is placed on top of the window. Now it’s
easier to run a repeat search or replacement as there is no need
to switch between tabs to enter a new query into the search field.
- Added a feature that enables searching text strings in binary
parameters (such as REG_BINARY).
- The search results table supports sorting of items.
- Added a new button labeled “Check all” that allows the user to
include all types of registry values in a scanning range with a
single mouse click.
- The number of columns in the search and replace results table
has been optimized. Now the “After Replacement” column is
displayed only if the replacement took place.
* Registry Editor:
- Keys and parameters of the registry, that have been added to
Favorites, are now displayed in the drop-down list right in the
registry editor window, rather than in a separate window. It
simplifies work with Favorites.
- In Favorites, users can see a comment about a key (if available),
rather than a key name. For example, if you add the key
CurrentVersion\Uninstall, you can enter a comment “Information
on installed applications”, and the key will be displayed with this
phrase in Favorites.
- When viewing registry binary values (of REG_BINARY type), the
program displays string characters contained in the parameter.
There are three modes to display characters: 2 characters display
modes for Unicode, and one shows them in ANSI.
- When very large keys are opened, the program displays the window
informing the user that the operation takes some time, and it’s
necessary to wait.
- If you select the “Expand Key” command of the context menu, the tree
is expanded to a certain limit. Earlier, this command would take too
long on large registry keys, causing a computer to lock up.
* The express system check has been improved.
* Bugs fixed:
- When the Registry Optimization tool was used while themes on
Windows Vista and higher were disabled, an error message
“TaskDialog requires themes to be enabled” would appear.
- Comments about registry keys made by the user could get deleted
on their own.